Presto Pressure Canner and Cooker
- The only method recommended safe by the US Department of Agriculture for canning vegetables, meats, poultry, and seafood
- Doubles as a boiling-water canner for preserving fruits, jams, jellies, pickles, and salsa; Handy as a large capacity pressure cooker
- Constructed of warp-resistant heavy-gauge aluminum for fast, even heating; Works on regular and smooth-top ranges; Extended 12-year limited warranty
- Deluxe pressure dial gauge registers the complete range of processing pressures; This precise measurement is especially important at higher altitudes
- Extra-large size is great for big canning jobs; Includes canning/cooking rack and complete 76-page instruction and recipe book
Pressure canning is the only method recommended safe by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for low-acid foods. Doubles as a boiling water canner for preserving fruits, jams, jellies, pickles and salsa in pint and half pint jars. Also handy as a large capacity pressure cooker. Constructed of warp-resistant, heavy-gauge aluminum for fast, even heating. Works on regular and smooth-top ranges. Deluxe pressure dial gauge registers the complete range of processing pressures. This precise measurement is especially important at higher altitudes. Air vent/cover lock allows pressure to build up only when the cover is closed properly and prevents the cover from opening until pressure is safely reduced. Liquid capacity: 23 quarts (21.8 liters).
The USDA recommends pressure canning as the only safe method for low-acid foods such as vegetables, meats, and poultry. The Presto 23-quart pressure canner is more than adequate for any home canning needs. It's a professional-quality tool, made of heavy-duty aluminum, with stay-cool handles and a strong-lock steel lid. An accompanying rack fits down into the pot to keep jars up off the bottom, so that liquid can circulate underneath. And it can do double duty as a large pressure cooker. It's easy to cook healthfully with pressure cookers, since the food retains so much more of its nutrients and flavor.
The sturdy lid locks down during canning or cooking; an inner sealing ring keeps the steam in. In addition to a pop-up pressure indicator and a simple steam release mechanism, there is an overpressure plug that will let off steam if it builds up excessively. The pressure dial gauge gives an accurate reading so that pressure can be kept constant during canning. This pressure canner is also a cooker that's useful for weeknight dinners or for any meal that needs to come together quickly. An accompanying booklet contains more than 50 recipes, ranging from basic soup stocks to stews and pot roasts--even sweets like English Plum Pudding or Brown Bread! Tenderize lean cuts of beef or pork, or cook chicken, fish, or vegetables faster than you can in a microwave, and without losing moisture.